As a parent we all deal with the moodiness of our teenage children, the attitudes and the occasional solemness. But when are the mood swings a problem? And how do you know if your child is depressed?
Teen depression can lead to problems at home and school, drug abuse, self-loathing, violence against themselves or others or the worst possible scenario – suicide. As a concerned parent there are many ways you can help. The first way to help is to recognize the signs of depression. Once you notice the signs, talking about the problem and offering support can go a long way toward getting your teenager back on track.
- The Effects of Bullying on Your Child
- Tips for Successful Study Habits
- 10 Signs of a Toxic Friendship
- 8 Signs You Know You’re in Love
- 10 Interesting Health & Fitness Facts