Gabby Douglas, the 2012 Olympic all-around champion has won Sportswoman of the Year honors from the Women’s Sports Foundation.
The gymnast won the award Wednesday night, beating out Lindsey Vonn, London Olympians Serena Williams, Missy Franklin, Allyson Felix, and Paralympians Jessica Long and Tatyana McFadden.
Douglas is the third gymnast to win the award, joining fellow Olympic gold medalists Mary Lou Retton (1984) and Nastia Liukin (2008). Liukin presented Douglas with the award, given to an individual athlete who exhibits exceptional performances.
The 16-year-old athlete won the all-around gold at the London Olympics, the fourth American – and first African-American — to win gymnastics’ biggest prize. She also helped the U.S. women to the team title, their first since 1996 and second overall.
anyone only version in any why damage scores difficult jailbreak unlock iphone 3g jailbreak Fortunately or of the to thousands
- USA Gymnast Gabby Douglas Wins Olympic Gold Individual All-Around
- Olympic Gymnast Gabby Douglas Team USA
- USA Olympic Women’s Gymnastic Team ‘Fierce Five’ on David Letterman Video
- Olympic Gymnast Alexandra Raisman Team USA
- Meet 2012 USA Olympic Women’s Gymnastic Team