USA Gymnasts, Aly Raisman competed in the Artistic Gymnastics Women’s Floor Exercise final on Day 11 of the 2012 Summer Olympics on Tuesday in London. Raisman, 18, nailed her floor exercise routine to win the gold medal, scoring a 15.6 and easily passing silver medalist Catalina Ponor of Romania , who scored a 15.2.
“It was the best routine I’ve ever done,” Raisman said afterward. “My coach [Mihai Brestyan] said it was the best routine he’d ever seen me do.”
Russia’s Aliya Mustafina took the bronze with 14.9. Jordyn Wieber ended up in seventh place and also discovered that she unfortunately may have a stress fracture in her right leg.
We hope Jordyn has a speedy recovery and a big Congrats to Aly!!
- USA Gymnast Gabby Douglas Wins Olympic Gold Individual All-Around
- Olympic Gymnast Alexandra Raisman Team USA
- You Thought Your Parents Were Embarrassing Look at Aly Raisman’s
- Olympic Gymnast Jordyn Wieber Team USA
- Meet 2012 USA Olympic Women’s Gymnastic Team